2011年10月30日星期日

UFC 137 video: Diaz says Penn is the much tougher fight over GSP

Nick Diaz knows he has a big challenge in front of him on Saturday night at UFC 137. In fact, he believes it's a tougher fight than the one he's was originally scheduled for against Georges St-Pierre.

"I wouldn't have picked this fight for sure," Penn told HDNet's Inside MMA. "I think he'll probably try to slip the jab and throw the overhand right (then) make a body lock or (go for a) single leg takedown. Maybe push me against the fence."

Diaz knows he could ward off the Penn attack with a safety-first mentality, but that's not in his DNA.

"I'm going to have to deal with a lot of that stuff. It's B.J. Penn so it's a real difficult fight especially for somebody like me who's going to go and try to fight, and not try to hold him and win rounds," said Diaz.

Diaz truly believes Penn is a tougher fight than the UFC welterweight champ would've presented, but you can hear he's still wants thate on an eventual GSP tilt.

"If I lose to B.J. Penn, he's either going to take me out with a right hand or he's going to go on top in some way and end in some position. He'll probably want to put a mount, take the back and put a choke. You know, finish the fight," Diaz said.

"Georges would look to just do enough to win the fight. Every fight that he does (is like that). I doubt that would've worked out with me the same way it does with a lot of the other fighters. I have the tool and what it takes to make something other than that happen in there."

Even though it's a three-rounder on Saturday, Diaz believes his big advantage may be in the cardio department. Penn has had stamina issues int he past at 170 pounds.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/UFC-137-video-Diaz-says-Penn-is-the-much-toughe?urn=mma-wp8566

Hans Heyer Damon Hill Graham Hill Phil Hill Peter Hirt

没有评论:

发表评论