2011年7月30日星期六

?Cro Cop? returns for another UFC fight against Roy Nelson

Dana White is trying to allow the legends of MMA to walk away gracefully, but some won't cooperate. After UFC 132, White said "I think that's it." We're still waiting on an answer from Silva. He did the same after UFC 128 with Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, but it looks like the former PRIDE star wants to continue to eran a few bucks.

Cro Cop wants to fight on and is owed another bout on his contract. So coming off an ugly third round knockout loss to Brendan Schaub, Cro Cop announced he'll be facing Roy Nelson at UFC 137 in October.

"I've had no contact with Dana White and have not re-negotiated with the UFC. I agreed to my next fight and that's it," Filipovic explained. "I can now exclusively confirm that I will fight my last UFC fight October 29 in Las Vegas against Roy Nelson."

Cro Cop, 36, has been battling a nasty knee injury over the last few years, but says he's good to go now.

"We will see in the next fight. I am happy that I managed to rehabilitate my injury. I received a few injections to the knee. It is an unpleasant procedure. They take your blood and separate parts of it using a a centrifuge and�then inject [the plasma rich platelets] into the knee to stimulate cartilage regeneration," Cro Cop said. "This knee was destroyed, but I managed to repair it. I felt terrible pain, and now twice a week I'm doing exercises with physiotherapy. "

Cage Potato calls this a win or go home fight for both fighters. Do you agree? Nelson's lost two straight, but against Junior dos Santos and Frank Mir.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/-Cro-Cop-returns-for-another-UFC-fight-against-?urn=mma-wp4654

Out! Pet Care Toyota Jason Leffler David Carl Allison Gregory Jack Biffle David Lee Blaney

没有评论:

发表评论