2011年9月24日星期六

On the eve of fight Evans changes his tune, now likes Jackson?s chances

Rashad Evans loves screwing with Jon Jones, so it doesn't come as a shocker that a little over 24 hours away from Jones' showdown against Quinton Jackson, "Suga" is now leaning towards "Rampage" at UFC 135.

Evans got a chance to see how serious Jackson was training for the fight:

"Yeah. I went to Muscle Pharm yesterday and I walked through the facility and I seen some of the things that he was doing and then I seen him and he was looking good, better than I've ever seen him before and I was actually really surprised. I just think that a guy like that that can get focused and get dialed Is a dangerous guy if he can get focused and dialed in. I think Jon Jones' mistake is he thinks he's too good right now. He thinks he can't be beat," Evans told 106.7 The Fan.

He also has extensive first-hand experience training with Jones and believe he may break at some point tomorrow night.

"Well, I've seen him get pushed in practice and I've seen him be very human and not as good as he looks on TV. I've seen that there's times where he looks great in practice but there's times where I've seen him quit in practice," said Evans.

Evans was really selling Jackson hard:

"A Rampage that's focused is a dangerous Rampage and I think that the biggest problem with Jon Jones is the fact that he's getting so overly confident and cocky that he can't get beat and all he has to do is step in the cage Saturday and collect his belt. I think that's dangerous thinking when you've got somebody in front of you who's been training hard."

Wow, the drama continues on "as the UFC light heavyweights turn." Keep in mind, earlier in the week Evans was having a tough time picking Jackson.

"I think that Jon Jones uses his range and his speed to keep Rampage off balance and at the same time using his ability to take Rampage down to try to impose some of his will. I think Jon tries to get it done, I think he does it standing up," said Evans.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/On-the-eve-of-fight-Evans-changes-his-tune-now-?urn=mma-wp7183

Helmuth Koinigg Heikki Kovalainen Kevin Harvick Armour Vienna Sausage Kroger Chevrolet Clint Bowyer

没有评论:

发表评论